Hurricane Season Tips
- Check the Travel Warnings page from the Canadian Government.
- Confirm travel arrangements prior to departure and ensure that insurance allows for cancellation due to hurricane
- Ensure that detailed information is left with family and friends in Canada
- Ensure that page 4 of your passport is filled out properly and leave copies with someone in Canada
- Register with the responsible Canadian government office. Click here
- Monitor local news and weather reports at the destination and follow the advice of the local authorities and tour operators.
- Know how to contact the nearest Canadian Government office.
- Obtain up-to-date weather forecasts from the National Hurricane Center.
- Visit the Canadian Hurricane Center website for recommendations and how to prepare
- Carry the contact information for the emergency center of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada department. 1.613.996.8885
Adapted from “Bon Voyage, but…” from the Foreign Affairs & International Trade Canada booklet. Available at www.voyage.gc.ca